Table of Contents
- 1 Putting Braces on Teeth
- 2 Welcome
- 3 Preparation
- 4 Delivery
- 5 Care Instructions
- 6 Hygiene Review
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
- 7.0.1 What does Smile Council Orthodontics do?
- 7.0.2 What is Orthodontics?
- 7.0.3 My dentist does braces so why should I see you instead?
- 7.0.4 What are the costs and payment plans available?
- 7.0.5 What is the treatment duration?
- 7.0.6 What is life with braces like?
- 7.0.7 What are the different types of braces available?
Putting Braces on Teeth
At Smile Council Orthodontics, our priority as a team is to ensure that CARE is delivered as comfortably and thoroughly as possible – right from the start and beyond the completion of your course of orthodontic treatment.
It’s an exciting day and our dental assistant will welcome you and guide you through the whole visit.
Our OHP team member will carry out a detailed and gentle clean of your teeth. A rubber lip stretcher is then placed to keep your lips and tongue from touching the teeth.
We will carefully place the brackets on your teeth. Only the gentlest touch is needed to position them. Our dental assistants then use a curing light to set the dental adhesive under the brackets. The OHP will then fit your first archwire.
As you start your journey towards a better smile, keeping your teeth and gum healthy is absolutely important. Before you leave, we will show you how to care for your teeth and braces. We will also carefully explain to you what you can and can’t eat, and what to do if you encounter problems.
Your braces is often adjusted about every 2 months. But having a hygiene visit about two weeks after having your braces fitted would be beneficial for you. This visit helps us ensure that you’re coping well and on the right track with your treatment right from the beginning.